Sunday, May 14, 2006

Teenage Girl Who Faked Abuduction will be Charged

Independence, Ks - A 16-year-old-girl who concocted a dramatic story about being kidnapped last month was charged Friday with falsely reporting a crime and obstruction.

Kelsey Stelting, who will be prosecuted as a juvenile, was charged withone misdemeanor count of falsely reporting a crime and three felony counts of obstructing official duty, the Montgomery County Attorney's Office said in a news release.

Daylene Walls, assistant Montgomery County attorney, said her office would release no more information about the case.

"It is important for the public understand that with these charges Miss Stelting will be held accountable," Walls said. "What happens from this point forward is for our court system to decide."

Stelting's family did not immediately return calls from the Associated Press seeking comment.

(lots more about what she did insert here, i'm not typing all of it, lol).

Stelting is an honor student, a cheerleader and a member of the Independence softball team and the dance team. Several years ago she starred in a community production of "Annie".......



Well all I have to say is that this is what the Community wanted. They didn't want her just to get a slap on her wrist. I have my own opinions on this, which at this time I'm not disclosing.

Well I'm off to go to bartlesville this morning, hoping maybe I can catch my best friend Laura before she leaves to come to Cville (lol). We can never be in the same town at the same time! I need to get directions to her Papa's funeral, so I don't get lost, and she knows me I get lost very easily. But the reason I need to go to Bartlesville is for 2 stores in the mall, Hallmark and Claires, need to get a bday gift for someone. Then maybe I'll hit some flea markets on the way back, I like flea markets you can find some awesome stuff in there!

Welp I'm off, have a nice sunday.

4 of you stopped by and said:

At 12:39 PM, Blogger BarnGoddess said...

Have fun! I was over at Atwoods and Lowes the other day. Lots of good sales. I sped into Dillards at the mall an purchased some makeup I was almost out of. Geez, we outta have lunch someday in b-ville!

 
At 8:57 PM, Anonymous Chrissy said...

okay owasso isn't that farther south from b'bille. so next time you wanna shop you better call me up. i miss you!

 
At 9:31 AM, Blogger butterfly_chic26 said...

barngoddess - yes we do need to have lunch sometime in b-ville :D that would be awesome!

Chrissy - baby girl i miss you too :( hopefully I can scrap up some money and go on that float trip on memorial weekend. *Sniff Sniff*.

 
At 11:22 AM, Blogger BarnGoddess said...

hubby and I were over at Owasso in feb. and OMG new stores galore! I had a GOOD day shopping

 

Post a Comment

<< Home