Thursday, June 29, 2006

BOOOM....THUMP.....SWISH....

Okay here's is an detail description of the events that took place from 5:07 to 5:20 pm last night....

I was driving home listening to "Had A Bad Day", which is a song I love, and beeboping in my seat, cruising at oooo about 70 miles per and hour. I look down at my clock on the radio and then all the sudden BOOOMM....THUMP THUMP THUMP....RATTLE RATTLE RATTLE....and SWISH.....(me) "That wasn't my F'in Car was it?" (screaming). I look around and I didn't hit anything and I'm still going down the highway in a straight line....then again BOOOM...THUMP THUMP...(me) "OH HOLY FXXX!!!" SLamming on my breaks, and serving to the right side of the road (which a ditch was). Looking into my rearview mirrow I see this black rubbery thing flying behind my car. I turn the radio off, roll down the window and I don't hear the usualy Thump thump, you get when your tire is flat. (me) 'Huh, must of ran over part of a semi blow out, nothing to worry about." I drive on home. Get out of my car, and look at the right front tire, "HOLY SHIT!" I was looking at my tire, um...what was left of it. There was um, no tread left on my car, it was as bald as could be. (me) "Um that can't be good." I had to go to my nephews double hitter last night SOOOO i drove ooo so carefully and slowly, which btw is not me.

(now events from this morning).

Got up early this morning so I could go get a new tire, go outside and look down at the tire (me) "Well Shit". THe tire was flatter than could be. I don't have an air pump at my house, so again I drove slowly the 7 blocks to the gas station to air it up, yeah i know DUMB SUSAN, but I had to get it aired up in order to get a new tire. Sat at the tire place for like 15 minutes before they open and then pulled into the stall and they all looked at my car (dude) "Hmmm....yeah, that's not good." No shit shirlock, but I didn't say that,he was a nice guy. (me) "I really don't want a brand new tire, do you have a used one in good condition this size?" (Dude) "Man, sheesh, I don't know.....let's go outback and look." visual discription of the dude.....greasy holey kahki pants, holy yellow mustard colored shirt, cigeratte hanging out of his mouth, shoulder lengthy creasy hasn't been brushed for oh his entire life hair, and a hat. (me thinking) "I'm glad there are other people here, or going to the 'back' would be left up to him and him alone". (me) "Cool". So i following Mr. Cigeratte man to the back, and walk into the mountain of old tires. He finds one for me, a Goodyear. (dude) "This okay?" (me) "Sure, if you say so." I don't know it's a tire dude, and I'm girl, looks fine to me. So he puts the tire on the car, plumbers crack and all, yeah nice thing to see at 7:30 in the morning. But like I stated he was a very nice guy, just um...a little um..greasy. He comes up to me (dude) "Well that's 5.00 for the tire 5.00 for putting it on 10.00 for the balance of the tire, and are you wanting the old tire back." (me) "Oh, no thank you." (but really thinking) "What the hell am I going to do with a piece of shit left of a tire." (dude) "Cool, but I'll have to charge 3.00 to leave it." (me) "Sure, no problem." (dude) "Cool, that's um..23.00 bucks." So I write out the check and thanked him, and I was off on my way to work.

Phone rings, it's my boss, (boss) "Susan, I told you it was fine if you were late, last night." (me) "I just wanted to make sure, but I'm on my way right now, and OOOO I just passed part of my tire." (boss) "Ooookkkayyyy.....see you in a little bit." Yeah, I don't think she was impressed, lol.


NOW TO EXPLAIN WHAT HAPPENED:

See somehow, and I don't know how, all the freaking tread of my tire came off, BUT, the tire didn't blow out, which I guess is very strange. When I told my mom this last night she stated "Well sweetie I'll let you know that you do have a plot next to grandpa's out at the cemetary, if anything ever does happen." (me) "Well thanks for letting me know, because boy I sure was worried about where I was going to spend my eternity!!!" LOL.

4 of you stopped by and said:

At 2:04 PM, Blogger BarnGoddess said...

omg Susan! i am still freakinlaughing like a fool and cant STOP! I have NEVER had good luck w/ cars, even NEW cars.....your story is too damn funny.

lmao greasy plumber crack ciggy smoking dude..............

 
At 3:52 PM, Blogger butterfly_chic26 said...

barngoddess - heheh i'm glad it brought a smile to your face :D I tend to line to think I'm funny at times :D!!!

 
At 7:09 AM, Blogger BarnGoddess said...

it was funny and I HATE flat tires! My hubby finally wisened up and he buys me a new car every 2 years so he doesnt get those phones calls "Umm, honey I have a flat and grocerys in the car, ice cream too" or "honey, the car wont start, its making a clicking noise" or "honey, something is smelling from the car, it might have smoke coming out too..."

heeeheee, remember to use that on your future hubby, maybe it'll get you a new ride!

 
At 1:05 AM, Blogger Rebecca said...

I'm just glad that you are alright after your tire experience! Can I hear a second AMEN???

 

Post a Comment

<< Home