Wednesday, July 05, 2006

OH HUM....

Well the holiday has passed, THANK FREAKING GxD. I had a pretty nice day yesterday, did my laundry, so I wouldn't wear stinky clothes to work for the rest of the week ( i really wouldn't do that). Then went to my parents house for a little barbeque, and played croquet, which I have not played in a very long time. I got 2nd, behind my brother who is always freaking first in anything, GRRRRRR.

Went up to the stadium (in my town for some odd reason they felt it was necessary to build this huge football stadiun for the COMMUNITY COLLEGE football team, to me they could have used the money for other things) to watch the night works. I got up there around 8 pm so I was sured a good spot in the grass to watch them, um....I think everyone else had the same idea as me. I pulled up and then proceeded to get bitched out but this woman with no teeth (the 4th always brings the lovelier of the citizens out of their holes) because I was parked in front of them. My response was, to shrugg my shoulders proceed to get the chair out of the trunk and sit my happy ass down. I didn't care, she could of moved her car and parked where I did, why she thought she had to sit SO FAR BACK is beyond me.

My SIL, niece and nephew showed up and sat next to me, that was cool, I didn't feel like such a dork then, lol. I was however LESS THEN IMPRESSED with this years display, um...they didn't even have a finale!!!! And have of the artliaries didn't do anything but make a loud BOOM. Yeah I'm saving up my money for next year and having my brother go get some good ones, and we can just have our own personal show, it would be better than last night. However we had a better display then the town I work in did, theirs display exploded around 4pm tuesady the 4th, sending one person to Joplin with burns. I guess it was bad, the truck that they had them in exploded, some safety box, ignited, some safety box.

I got to call the cops last night, I can handle the fireworks from the 1st to the 4th but baby when 12 AM on the 4th comes along the 4th is over, sorry to rain on your little parade. I called and said "Yes, I know you are busy but I would like to report people up the street still shooting fireworks and keeping me up." He asked where I lived i told him he stated "you are not the only one whose called about this in the area we'll get someone out there as soon as we can". I was cool with that, this was like around 1:00 in the morning, about 1:30 all fireworks were ceased! WOOHOOO!!!!!

I woke up this morning thinking it was Sunday, I was almost late for work.

Other than that no new news from me, come next monday or tuesday their maybe some news from me, big news, but right now nothing sorry charlie!!!!

4 of you stopped by and said:

At 12:03 PM, Blogger BarnGoddess said...

I lit off a few smoke bombs for my 2 yo and my drunk ass proceeded to royally screw up my new french manicure, grrrrrrrrrrr

 
At 1:15 PM, Blogger butterfly_chic26 said...

barngoddess - ewww not good, you are much braver than me I don't even do the snapping fireworks....nope nope nope....

 
At 7:51 PM, Anonymous Laura said...

You gotta email me and tell me whats up next monday or tuesday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 
At 1:13 PM, Blogger Rachel said...

We didn't do fireworks this year. My nephew the cop is usually in charge of that (comes in handy should someone call the police since he IS the police) but he had to work night shift so no family fireworks this year:(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home