Wednesday, July 12, 2006

RANDOM


This is the northside of my garagae apartment. The door you see is not the door into the apartment that is to the garage itself. Why I took a picture is beyond me, i just wanted to use my camera, i guess.




Now I'm going to leave you with a poem my father wrote for me when I was little. I have it framed and it hangs on my wall. I have typed it just as he wrote it, I read this and it pulls on the strings of my heart, I love my father SO SO SO MUCH.


SUSIE

I will always remember,
that day in December.
The Lord gave you to us
on the wings of a dove.
Your little round face,
so full of grace.
What a warm spot,
you've made in my heart.
As you grow up,
you blossom each day -
Like a new spring flower,
that blooms in May.
As you grow up,
as you would say -
May you always be happy,
the Lord I pray.

Dad
'83

6 of you stopped by and said:

At 4:59 AM, Blogger Rebecca said...

Vesy sweet (loveable) poem by dad, mine is junt NOT the type to express much emotion so cherish that!

 
At 3:10 PM, Blogger BarnGoddess said...

what a great poem! your dad sounds like a good dad. I have a great father too but like rebeccas, he doesnt show much emotion.

 
At 4:34 PM, Blogger butterfly_chic26 said...

barngoddess and rebecca - may dad is SUCH a big teddy bear!!! But he only shows that to us....no one else...and by US i mean MY MOM AND I my brothers don't know that side of my dad...they think his a tough butt!!! HEHEHEHE

 
At 7:11 PM, Blogger BarnGoddess said...

I forgot to add your picture looked nice, kinda cozy, like a nice place!

 
At 8:28 PM, Blogger Rachel said...

I am glad your dad wrote such a special poem for you. I was such a daddy's girl but he died when I was 9. I am finally doing that shadow box as a tribute to him I always promised myself I'd do. He was a sweet, sweet and loving man. I still miss him!

And, I am proud to say, I have done my tag! WOO HOO!

 
At 6:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home