Monday, August 28, 2006

Whew, What a weekend....and the last to know everything! GRR!

Okay, so yesterday I say to myself "hmm...homemade nacho's sound great." So I get up off my lazy a$$ and gather my keys off the table and head to the truck. I get into the truck and start to take off down the street, well I didn't get very far. My truck decided it was going right, when a right was not in need, then it stopped. I sat there going "What the hell is going on?" I look up and there is a couple walking hand and hand (ahhhh so cute) just starring at me. The woman was wearing a tank top (and no, she should not be allowed to go outside with a tank top, no sir, it was nasty!) and the man looked like he had not showered in his whole entire life. But yet, they seemed to be in love walking hand and hand, okay back to my story, I looked up and that are staring at me. I get out of the truck and walk over to the passenger side. Freaking great, the tire was flat, what is it with me and f'in tires lately? So I get back into the truck and I know if i reversed back to my driveway I would get maybe 2 feet and that was it. So I took the chance and turned left and started to go around the block (one way streets are the shits man!). Then at the end of the block there was yet another BIG guy wearing something he shouldn't be wearing, he too started staring at me then he pointed, and I rolled my window down and stated "Yes, I know, it's flat, thanks for the concern, but I'm not completely retarded." Yeah, I was a little bit rude to the poor fellow, but damnit I was getting frustrated.

SO here I am thumbing down the street, Turn left again head down the other side of the block, hit the stop sign. Yet 3 more people staring at me, I want to put a neon sign over the truck saying "I KNOW, IT'S A FLAT!! DUH!" but I just proceeded to turn left again, (remember I'm surrounding by one way streets where I live), finally on the home stretch, I only have 1 1/2 more streets to conqour before the stares stop. So I thumb away on down the street, and again I turn left (last one promise), then I turn right (hehe didn't say it wasn't the last turn, lol, gotcha!!) into the driveway, and i hear SCCCCRRRAAAATTTCCCHHHH. I was like UHOH. I get out and the tire was half way off the rim, and I had just totally etched a line in the driveway, oops, sorry landlord!!! I was like FREAKING GREAT. So I look back inside the back of the cab in the truck, no lug nut thingy (yup, that's what I call it), then I remembered I have no car jack, so me changin` a tire wasn't going to happen. So I run back up stairs call my dad (who sounds sick) and asked for my brothers phone number, kinda sad you don't know your own brothers phone number, he gave it to me, called my brother, but he wasn't home (or so it seemed, I think he was screening his calls, they like to do that!).

So I go back out side and look up and my bestest friend just pulled up. I was Thank GOD! She got on the phone and she had her younger brother (he's like my baby brother also) come over and change the tire out for me. :) SO sweet. So now I'm driving on a tire that is 1 1/2 sizes bigger than the other 3 on my truck, my truck looks like it belongs in the special learning class, it's all retarded looking, lol. But i'm leaving work early today and getting a new tire to replace it. ICK! More money to spend when I don't want to spend it on a damn new tire! I hate being a grown up.

So I toodle myself on down to the store, planning on only buying the essentials for my lovely nacho's, you know, lettuce, velveeta cheese, rotel(i spelt that wrong), and hamburger meet. But i ended up buying the whole freaking store! It was not supposed to be a full fledged shopping trip, hint, do not go shopping when you are hungry and youknow you have nothing in your home to eat! SO i paid the nice check out girl, and toodled on home. I spent 1 hr fixing the oooohhh so tempting nacho's, I sat down to eat them and I ate 2 bites and I was full! WTF?!? Full after 2 bites? Now come on! So I get up and throw the stupid nachos away, what a waste of f'in money, damnit!

I called my mom and chit chatted with her for awhile, she said that her and dad were going to Tulsa, because dad had to have a test ran. I figure it's for his heart, since he has a bad heart, and is always getting things checked up on it, so I don't say much. We continue to chat and I finally asked here's the conversation as I can remember it:

Me: Why is dad having a test done?

Mom: For his pancrease (sp?), they are taking a biopsy.

Me: Is he going to be okay?

Mom: I don't, hopefully everything will turn out alright.

Me: Why am I just hearing about this?

Mom: I didn't want to worrying anyone until we find out for sure.

Me: Who else knows?

Mom: Everyone.

Me: Gee, thanks mom, I feel importantn now.

Mom: Sorry.

Me: Well, i'm gonna go Love you, tell dad I love him too, but please make sure he gets the message, I don't want him to be the last to know.

Mom: Laughs...(yeah, well i laughed too, but only because i was forced too, it really wasn't a joke). Love ya too hun. Have a nice week.

Me; You too.

Yeah, I'm the last person to KNOW ANYTHING that goes on in my family. I was even the last to know that my grandfather passed away. WTF? I guess I'm forgetable, you know "Oh NO nobody told Susan?" I mean I'm the biggest girl in my family (weight wise) you'd think that they would remember the fat chick over there!!! Nope! I'm always the last to know!

And yes I only talk to my parents 1 time a week and they only live 3 miles from my house, I'm not very sociable, it's kinda sad in a way.

8 of you stopped by and said:

At 3:22 PM, Blogger Paige said...

My dad had a heart transplant and bout 5 years later he was on a business trip in south america where he got so sick he could not get back home. Now just guess how I found out about this and the fact he was going to need a liver transplant also....From a business associate of his looking for him. I got a call at work from him asking if I had any idea when my dad would be well enough to come home. WTF???
Paige

 
At 4:16 PM, Blogger butterfly_chic26 said...

Oh my goodness talk about last to know!! Is okay now?!?

 
At 7:27 PM, Blogger Paige said...

He did get better and all, he passed away about 5 years ago.

 
At 8:17 PM, Blogger Rachel said...

I am ALWAYS the last one to know in my family, too. When our mother was dying and they put her on oxygen, no one explained the implications to me. So, no kidding, I go to work that night at my extra job. Then my sister calls and says you better come on over.

OMG - what am I? The village idiot? Why didn't they tell me how serious that was????

 
At 8:39 PM, Blogger butterfly_chic26 said...

Paige - i'm sorry for his passing:(

Rachel - Why is it that people don't think to tell someone something? Is it b/c they think someone already said something to them? I don't know I'm confused.

We almost lost dad when I was 15, that's when I found out how attatched i am to that man!

 
At 10:00 PM, Blogger BarnGoddess said...

omg, I am still laughing about the flat tire, not that it was fun for you, but the way your story read, it was funny to me :)

I hope all goes well with your dad. It sucks being the last to know everthing, I am right there with ya...

 
At 9:32 AM, Blogger RedNeckGirl said...

I feel your pain on the tire issue....I've had 2 flats in a month...finally got all 4 replaced and this morning I come out to a leak in the transmission! I hate cars and I hate being a grown up too!

I hope everything turns out ok with your dad. It's horrible that they didn't tell you....I'd be furious if my family didn't tell me something like that.....my ex's family is like that, we wouldn't find out his mom was sick until she'd been in the hospital for days. I was always like WTF is wrong with those people....what if something happened and he wouldn't have had the chance to see her? Crazy....just crazy.

 
At 7:51 PM, Blogger butterfly_chic26 said...

MY FRIEND FROM OREGON !!!! SHE POSTED AND IT DID NOT GO THROUGH. DIANA I LUV YA!!!! AND I MISS YA!!!


DIANA has sent you a link to a weblog:

I miss the storm season so much. When it storms up here I jsut rains and maybe thunders but the lighting is pretty pathtic.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home