Monday, August 21, 2006

Whoa!

Okay, so I thought why don't I priviledge myself in a nice book tonight. Well, um...yeah, it's a great book and all, but WHOA! I had to put the book down before it started to catch its ownself on fire. Oh by the way I read romance novels...lol...well hell you got to get it somehow, lol. And boy howdy, this is one hot novel. I'm more of the Nora Roberts and Sandra Brown type of romance reader, this book is by a author who is new to me, Arranged in Heaven, by Sarah Jerrod. I've never heard of her before this book, but the concept of the book itself intriged *sp?* me. I'm more of the type of person if the cover looks good, I'm getting it, lol. Forget reading the back of the book. Yes, i'm the type of person who judges a book for it's cover, sue me, lol.

I'm on page 76 chapter Nine, and I only started the silly thing at about 6:30 this evening....and Well frankly I don't think I should read anymore until tomorrow. LOL. I don't see how authors aren't hot and bothered by what they write, bet their spouses are enjoying the reproductions of their works!!!! LOL.

Well now that I completely embarrased myself, and admitting that I read sumdsy romance novels, I'm gonna go watch some non romance tv...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Ruth Newman and Sylvia Harris are two meddling ghosts who have more than just heavenly zip codes in common. Each has a single child whose happiness means the world to them. How better to assure their children's joy than to play matchmaker for them? Arranging for the two to meet is the easy part. Helping them to fall in love is something else altogether. Gayla Harris has no intention of getting involved with Dr. Dan Newman. He reminds her too much of her cold, uncaring physician father. But Dan's charisma and kindness--and her ghostly mother's helping hand--just may convince Gayla to give Dan a second chance. Told with humor and compassion, Sara Jarrod's original story is sure to charm a multitude of romance readers. --Maudeen Wachsmith --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.


REVIEWS (credited to the above picture and description and Reviews to Amazon.com (which by the way i drive by every morning on my way to work :) )

The handicapped have found a champion!, July 18, 1999
Reviewer: A reader
As a person that doesn't read much romance, I got this book for pure escapism and found myself much intrigued. First, there were the ghostly, stereotypically Jewish mother matchmakers who might have made the book all by themselves had it not been for the novelty of the hero being an amputee. I don't believe I've EVER read a book where the romantic interest was an amputee. I was very impressed that Sara Jarrod would break the physical handicapped barrier by making it so. Good job, Ms. Jarrod!


Obstacles are only as big as you make them..., November 10, 1998
Reviewer: Jenniffer K Adams (New Jersey!) - See all my reviews
This book was great. It was funny but it also conveyed some very powerful messages. I think that this book would be for anyone who is tired of the characters in a romance book being absolutely perfect. I believe that this book depicts how people with emotional and physical troubles deal with the obstacles put in their way and how they overcome them with the strenght of their love. It was a great book and I would highly recommend it. The sex wasn't as steamy as Heavenly Bliss but it was still a good book. The only improvement could be more sex scenes.


My Review so far : DAMN GOOD BOOK!!!

4 of you stopped by and said:

At 6:57 AM, Blogger KSHIPPYCHIC said...

Man I wish the books I am trying to read were that good!! Im trying to get into these school books - way not as groovy! LOL!

 
At 8:32 AM, Blogger butterfly_chic26 said...

heheh :) I hear ya on that !!!

 
At 2:11 PM, Blogger BarnGoddess said...

I LOVE Nora Roberts!! right now I am almost done w/ Northern Lights. Have you read her Carnal Innocence? Good Book!!

 
At 1:45 PM, Blogger butterfly_chic26 said...

Barngoddess - Nope have not read that one yet...I will have to check it out

 

Post a Comment

<< Home